Originally built as a sanatorium in 1845 by Scottish doctor George Clark, the Quisisana became a quaint pensione in 1868. Today, it is a prestigious luxury hotel in the heart of town, just a few steps from the Piazzetta. Surrounded by its own enchanting gardens, the Quisisana is fully air-conditioned and offers the most up-to-date conveniences and comforts, while maintaining its classic style. Terraces overlook the sea and gardens. Traditional and elegantly furnished accommodations each offer satellite television, mini-bar, personal safe, and direct-dial telephone. Some also feature whirlpool baths.